Wanna know a little more about SuperMom? Click here!
Photobucket
You are very smart if you found this hidden sentence!

Are others thankful for the example I've been?

Our women's group is currently studying the book of Ephesians.  We are reading through it together and discussing the insights God is showing us.

It's been interesting to see the different things that God points out to each of us, and how what really hits home to some, doesn't to others and the other way around.

One thing that the Holy Spirit spoke so clearly to me today was from Ephesian 1:15.  As many know, Paul is writing to the church of Ephesus, a body of believers that he has never personally meet.  But he had heard things about them.

...Ever since I heard about your faith in the Lord Jesus and your love for all the saints, I have not stopped giving thanks for you...                                        Ephesians 1:15

Isn't it something, Paul has heard about their faith in Christ, he's heard how they love the fellow saints!

Think about the things people are telling others about you.  If Paul was writing this letter to you, how would it read?

...Ever since I heard about your potty mouth and the hatred you have toward all the saints...


...Ever since I heard about your sexual addictions and your lust for your neighbors possessions....


...Ever since I have heard about your bickering and your greediness....


...Ever since I have heard about your short-temperedness and your lack of caring for the poor and widow... 

Or would Paul's letter read like it did to the church of Ephesus?

My prayer and desire if that those who hear of me, about me and know me would hear of a life lived worth of the blood Christ shed for me.  That they would give thanks for me, and the example that I am in their lives.

What about you?  What do others say about you?  Is it full of stories of a life lived full of Christ and worthy of his sacrifice?  Or is it accusations of a life lived hypocritically, never practicing what you preach?

I may NOT live a perfect life, but I pray that it be a life worth others being thankful for!

 Photobucket

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails