Wanna know a little more about SuperMom? Click here!
Photobucket
You are very smart if you found this hidden sentence!

Voices of the Faithful Book 2 (Nelson Publishing)


BOOK DESCRIPTION
A new year's worth of inspiring stories from the front lines of faith.

"A willingness to go is all they have in common," exclaim Beth Moore and Kim P. Davis, speaking of their friends on the front lines who are spreading the gospel around the world and with whom they collaborated to create this book. This second book of 366 daily devotionals features stories of God's faithfulness, written by hundreds of missionaries worldwide.

From stirring miracles to heroic adventures, this second volume highlights those who daily go to the outer limits of spiritual devotion.

A follow-up to the first book which has now sold over 300,000 copies.

MY REVIEW:
This book full of 365 daily devotions, will bring tears to your eyes, faith to your heart and keep God on your mind. I've been encouraged as I read through dozens of stories that missionaries has shared. Some of the simple way God reminded them about their relationship with Him, others of the struggles of being so far away from family and friends.

These short stories, shared by missionaries, is such an awesome look into the lives of those who have devoted their lives to serve God by sharing His name with many who have never heard. It's amazing to see that they are just like me and you, struggling with meeting bills, doubting God sometimes, wondering 'Why?'

One of my favorite Sections is found in May, “Follow Me”. I Can, devotion on May 10, the missionary says, No, life on the mission field is not always easy. The struggles and annoyances we face are real. But joy comes from surrendering our frustrations to God.


This was what I need to hear today! As a mom to 5 little ones, life is full of frustrations. This reminds me that I am normal for having frustrations and it also reminds me to surrender them to God and He will replace them joy!

You can not go wrong with this book, Voices of the Faithful Book 2 has been an amazing reminder to me to pray daily for those working in missions, near and far, and that I am not alone in my imperfect walk with Christ.

*This book was a gift from the publisher for me to review. The fact that I was gifted the book has not affect on my opinion of this book.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails