Word on the Street Junior
The Wacky Tug of Words
Word on the Street™ Junior brings the excitement of Word on the Street™ to the entire family! Each turn, one team flips over a category card and team members quickly brainstorm words that fit the category. The team agrees on a word before the time runs out and then pulls each letter in that word one lane closer to their side of the street. The first team to pull eight letters off the street wins!
What an AWESOME game!
I played this game with my kids, ages eight, six and five. My two older ones are each ahead a grade in school and are avid readers and writers. My five year old son is learning to read and recognize his letters.
this game for a few reasons.
- It helps younger kids recognize the letters as well as where they are located in alphabetical order.
- This game gets them thinking of words to go with a certain category. I love the categories they have the kid thinking about. Things totally on their level:
- Something found in a School
- A Yellow Food
- A piece of furniture
- and many more!
How I plan to use this game in our homeschooling:
A variation I am going to randomly place the letters on the bard instead of placing them in alphabetical order. This will help my son as he is learning to recognize his letters, instead of singing the ABC song in his head to find where it is.
I plan to have my daughters use a dictionary after they pick and spell the word. They will then read the dictionary entry out loud so everyone playing can hear. By doing this, they get used to using the dictionary to look up words, as well as reading the meaning so they become more familiar with the definitions.
the game of your choice
from Out of the Box Publishing?
You MUST be a follower of What You Reading Now? to be eligible!
~Don't forget to include your email with EACH entry!
~Leave a separate comment for each entry for it to count!
You can enter once per each of the following.
- MANDATORY ENTRY: Visit Out of the Box, take a look around! Then return to my blog and leave a comment telling me which games you've played, would like to play or would love to own!!
- Become a fan of Out of the Box on Facebook.
- Follow Out of the Box on Twitter.
- Follow me on Twitter.
- Blog about this giveaway. (Don't forget to post a link to your post in your entry!)
- Tweet about this giveaway! Be sure to include #SuperMomV in your tweet! Tweet it up! No limits on this way of entry!! One entry per tweet. (I will check this and add an entry per tweet. You do NOT need to return here to leave comments for each!)
- Share this on Facebook! Put this link in your status! (MUST use this Link: http://bit.ly/aSyCiq )
You MUST leave a comment for entry for it to count! (Except Tweet entries.)
This giveaway is open to all residents in the beautiful wonderful United States of America!
A winner will be randomly drawn on April 30.
So you have plenty of time to share this giveaway with friends, family and the rest of the online world!
This game was provided by Leah at Out of the Box Publishing in exchange for our family review!